Small Business Web Design – Expert Guidance for your Help
Are you planning to expand your small business and want to attract more prospective clients? To achieve these goals, you have to launch the website at some point. The small business web design will provide your small business a good credibility. By having a website, you are giving them a platform to showcase your products and services.
It is important for the small and large businesses to have a website. But in the following blog, we will be sharing advice on the small business website design to help you out:
Mistakes Business Owners Do
Let’s start the discussion with common web design mistakes that most small business owners do:
- Poor design and layout make it difficult to navigate across the website.
- You are not able to prove your credibility without a good web design.
- You are ignoring the search engines that include no keyword or key phrases in the required areas.
- Having no adequate information about the product and services.
- Not adding a proper call to action because you are not telling your customers what to do.
- Having a thought that visitor will buy in their first visits.
To get all these additions on your small business website, you should hire Boston small business web design agency. The competent web designers will look at your business requirements and will do the designing accordingly that will be beneficial for your business.
Essential Elements for Your Website
Wondering, what are the basic elements of web design? Below is the answer:
- You have to make your website visitor-friendly by adding easy-to-find and using a navigation system.
- Make your website search-friendly by adding keywords and phrases that are best to describe the services and products. You should do this at various places in your website that include your site’s domain name, home page builder, page title, titles for graphics, and meta tags.
- You have to make the process of ordering for your customers and clearly mention the delivery costs.
- Utilize the subheads and headlines for grabbing the attention of the visitors as one of the common website design tips and tricks.
- Adopt cross sell and up sell as a part of your content by providing your customer details of the product and services they are looking for.
- You should create a plan that will list all the pages that you want to include on your site.
- Properly check your spelling and ensure all your links and graphics are working properly.
- You should also give free trials, bonuses, and discount to provide value for your business. You should make your customers happy by providing good deals. This approach will make your product more valuable.
How to Convince Customer Your Website is Worthy?
You need to ensure that your website is professionally designed. It should be easy to read and navigate. You should avoid too many pop-ups under flash intros, under graphics, date, time stamps, auto play music, and busy backgrounds.
Some other things that you should include are mentioned below:
- Add a photo gallery or portfolio of your goals or services even if you don’t want to sell your products online.
- Place testimonials from your current customers to show that your potential customers are trustworthy and they are offering quality services and products.
- An essential money-back guarantee. An extended period will be better.
- You should provide your contact details that include physical address, name, mailing address, fax, email, telephone, etc. Note that “ About Us”, or “Contact Us” should be at the bottom of every page of your website.
- If someone has reviewed your products on other websites, then you should place the link to those reviews. In this way, your product will be more authentic because what others say is important as compared to the things you say about your product.
- Your “About Us” section should be having all the information. This section will tell you about the company profile, products and services. Make this element an important point on your web design checklist.
- If any photos, products, information related to your company appeared in the media, TV, radio, and internet. Furthermore, if you have written articles that are published, then you should also include them on your website.
- Add fresh content regarding your services and products. The information should be related to the brands and pricing. It is recommended to update the content on a regular basis.
Tips for User-Friendly Website
How To Make a User-Friendly Website? The answer is listed below:
- Don’t add too much special effects. This can distract your users to see the content and more time will be needed to download.
- If your website is having more than 15 pages, then include a site map and a search bar.
- Ensure that your user can read the type of background. Avoid black writing on a dark blue background or yellow writing on white background.
Things To Do For Driving More Traffic
Things that you should add during your website redesign strategy to drive more traffic are as follows:
- Go for email marketing to let your customer know about your website.
- You should submit your website to directories and search engines.
- Add an email signature at the bottom of your every email and send it with your name, web address, business name, and contact information.
- You should join newsgroup relates to your products or services. You can use this platform to start conversations, attract new clients, conduct market surveys, and promoting your website.
- Ensure that your website URL is added on your letterhead, brochures, label, bags, etc.
Hope now you are aware of the advice on website design and its related things that you should do to make your website more valuable. If you are still planning to redesign your website, then it is recommended to contact a professional web design company that will help you to achieve all your goals.