If you have finally realized the fact of having an online appearance for your brand. The first thing you have to do is to create an online store. For that, you must choose a platform that is stable and secured. By far, surely many different CMS-providing platforms have come to your mind. However, the two most famous will always be caught all your attention Shopify and WordPress. It’s a massive task to decide to which you should give priority for setting up your eCommerce business. You will also wonder which platform will be more suitable and affordable for you.
Although both of these are extremely capable of setting the best online stores. But both of these platforms have many different functionalities that differ them from others. Somehow, both of these are equally in the trend that is why our staffing includes the best Shopify developers in Boston. Similarly, you can choose us if you are looking for the best services of WordPress web design in Boston. This is because for us every platform is equally important and has its benefits.
Let us explore these top two options for you, so could figure out yourself which platform will be perfect for setting up an online appliance for your business.
What is Shopify?
The best thing about Shopify design is that. People who are relatively new to the idea of website creation can use this tool. A person without any knowledge can use this as Shopify lays the foundation of the no-code movement. Online retailers get a service suite with Shopify, including marketing, payments, delivery, and customer experience tools, to simplify the process of small business online stores.
You can have a wide range of free templates that can even be customized to meet the personal design requirement of your business’s branding. You can sell both physical and digital services/products with Shopify stores. Moreover, you will have the right to use all the excellent features it offers for a fixed monthly fee. Even though it is very suitable and easy to use, it also has a shortcoming. You have minimal control over your website since Shopify handles everything on its own.
Pros of Shopify:
- Shopify is already a hosted site and thus holds more robust security
- You can decide from more than 100 different online store designs
- It provides your store with a wide variety of analytics features
- Including tracking, customer behavior, stock & conversions
- There are numerous excellent points of sale options
- Shopify has a clean and easy to use interface
- You’ll have access to 24/7 support
Cons of Shopify:
- As a paid tool, Shopify is not an ideal choice for new startups & small businesses
- Shopify’s payment gateway to collect payments from your customers is a must
- You have to pay extra (0.5%- 2% per transaction) to use other payment gateways
- When it comes to platform migration, Shopify may not be the most satisfactory option
- If you choose to change themes, you will have to add your content again
- Shopify gives you less control over the management of the site
- It lacks an email hosting service
What is WordPress?
WordPress is the most common and widely used platform for creating websites. In the present day, almost 40 percent of all the websites on the internet are running on WordPress. This platform is completely self-hosted. An open-source content management system that mainly depends on PHP and MySQL. At first, it was intended to serve only as a Blog management tool. Now, it has been expanded into a completely versatile CMS.
Businesses have shown a great deal of interest in WordPress development to create websites. You can also integrate multiple useful WordPress plugins for creating the best online store for your business. You can also take bits of help from our experts, as we are an award-winning company and provide the best services of WordPress web design in Boston. But like everything it also has some pros and cons which are discussed below.
Pros of WordPress
- WordPress is an open-source solution, it is reasonably priced for owners of small businesses
- This software is mainly designed for larger markets, and its admin interfaces are friendly
- The WordPress software is free, but you need to buy a domain name and web host
- Put it all together, you can get started with WordPress for about $5/month
- WordPress offers the flexibility that no other website builder can.
- There is no direct support but a very helpful support community
- More robust than Shopify, as it supports complete customization
Cons of WordPress
- It is your accountability to look after the things like hosting, security, maintenance, etc.
- WordPress is slower than Shopify; as developers have to go through different platforms
- Best WordPress Ecommerce Plugins are required to build a completely functional platform
- For this platform to function effectively, you will need some level of technical knowledge
- It lacks some of the essential advanced features that could make store management easier
- As it offers minimal maintenance support, you have to utilize online forums for solutions
- It is not exactly beginner-friendly.
Shopify vs WordPress Pricing Comparison
The major consideration when establishing an eCommerce site is pricing. You will have to control the total cost of the project, which includes the fee for the website designer as well as the developer and any required add-on services. Shopify controls all these worries for you with their different Packages. However, there is a free Shopify trial available for 14 days, which can give you time to select the most suitable packages based on your requirement for features. You can select any one of the packages from Shopify pricing plans
- Lite: $9 per month.
- Basic: $29 per month.
- Shopify: $79 per month.
- Advanced: $299 per month.
- Plus: starting at $2000 per month.
On the other hand, WordPress is completely free to download and install. However, it’s very much debatable to calculate the exact amount it will cost you. Generally, a WordPress web design in Boston costs between $1500- $2500 T&Cs Applied. The cost will depend on many factors like; how many pages your website will have? How much design do you want and how much custom development it requires to get the website of your dreams.
Top 6 Key Differences between Shopify & WordPress
|WordPress is an open-source CMS based on PHP and MySQL||Shopify is solely an E-Commerce platform with a monthly pricing plan|
|WordPress can only be used online||Shopify can be used both online and offline|
|WordPress has a limited section of templates, and most of them are not free to use||Shopify provides a wide range of more than 100 templates; that is free to use|
|Being an open-source solution, WordPress is a suitable option for small business requirements||Being a Paid Tool it is not that suitable for small businesses and startups|
|You need to have a bit of knowledge of coding for the proper implementation of customizations||A maximum amount of features can be used without any coding knowledge|
|In WordPress, file storage depends on the web host||In the case of Shopify, it provides you unlimited file storage|
Shopify vs WordPress Development TopNotch Choice
We hope that now you have a better understanding of all the main differences between the two trending CMS. Both Shopify & WordPress have their benefits. Whatever platform you choose for setting up your online store, you can rely on the expertise of TopNotch Innovative Technologies. We are ranked as one of the finest web design agency in Boston. We have a fully experienced team of the best Shopify developers in Boston to make the most attractive Shopify store for your Brand. But if you have chosen WordPress; you can simply check out our work of honored clients. This will prove why we believed that we provide the best services of WordPress web design in Boston. Moreover, feel free to contact us at : (888) 355-8880 if you require any services regarding web development or web design in Boston.